Monday, April 20, 2009
I was at being in the hospital for pneumonia
Is something I could not face.
Flashbacks and nightmares increasing
as the month went by all because
it was something I could not embrace.
I’ve already talked enough about it,
the details and even wrote a letter.
But, I continued not to feel emotionally any better.
I lived in fantasy world with everything
twisted, just to survive.
Now, to live there continues to deprive.
This I learned to slowly die as my way of being
To “be” is what I need to do and
fight back the lies I’m slowly seeing.
The lies that tell me “Don’t talk,“
“I’m okay,” “I don’t need anyone” and “I’ll be just fine.”
The constant banter in my head is not benign.
Those and other lies lead to
self-injury and other self-destructive ways
For this therapy sometimes feels like a maze.
Therapy has saved and opened my life to who I really am
Someone that deserved much more than I received
And, too often instead I was betrayed and deceived.
Now, into the Father’s arms I securely belong
In Him and others, I finally find security and comfort
But, learning to do that for myself takes much effort.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
"Arvind brings his infectious passion for life and warmth for people to all his business and personal activities. His motto and message to everyone is “make things happen”.
Having just published his latest book “Personal Social Responsibility” (Sep 2008), Arvind is working with independent professionals, organisations and non-profits to bring a greater sense of ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility into the business world.
He is now also becoming established as a professional speaker and speaks passionately about how individuals and businesses can get what they want from life and at the same make a huge difference in the world.
He actively supports various social enterprises and charities – he has been involved with the Nirvana School in Pondicherry, south India for over 10 years now. "
I outlined my 3 Keys to GREAT relationships:-
A key point that we discussed was how the ONLY thing you can ever give anyone else is your love and ACCEPTANCE.
It is incredible that human beings still believe that they can make someone else love them!
To end my talk, I summarised the key relationship learnings as below as a form of positive affirmations:-
1. I accept people totally and completely as they are and I allow others to be as they are. I know that they are perfect teachers for my journey of acceptance and understanding.
2. I look for opportunities to connect with, contribute and make a difference to another person at least once a day. This is what leads to true connection and fulfilment.
3. I am deeply grateful for all the people in my life who make my life so easy and rich. I show my appreciation at every possible opportunity.
4. I take nothing personally and accept that everyone is on their own journey of growth and learning. I forgive and let of any past grievances.
5. I look for the love and goodness in others for love is all that matters.
6. I bring more joy, happiness and love in my life and other people’s lives.
7. I will practice appreciation & gratitude daily and I promise to learn and improve my gratitude dance!!!
So there you are - go forth and apply these 7 keys in all your relationships and see how your life and your world is transformed. "
Remember to go and take a look at Arvind Devalia's blog Make Things Happen: For Yourself and the World. It will inspire your day !!! (Thanks for letting me steal this from you...it is a gem as you are!)